Don’t let the Virginia humidity and heat get you down. Taking a dip in the pool is one way to cool off, but we have plenty of places in and around Prince William County where you can stay cool without changing into your bathing suit. Here are some places you can go to cool off this summer while you enjoy nature!
Prince William Area Wineries
In the wine business, they say Virginia is the Napa of the East Coast. We have so many award-winning wineries right in our backyard. You can relax in the shade with a glass of chilled wine while you enjoy the views of sprawling vineyards. Here are some local options.
- The Winery at Bull Run – Sip a selection of award-winning wines at this family-friendly winery, adjacent to historic Manassas National Battlefield Park.
- Morais Vineyards & Winery – Enjoy a picnic and taste their variety of Portuguese-inspired wines at this Fauquier County winery.
- The Winery at La Grange – Take in views of the nearby Bull Run Mountains as you taste wine flights in their 18th century manor house.
Prince William Area Breweries
If a frosty beer hits the spot for you on a hot summer day, visit one of the area’s craft breweries. Here are some options.
- The Farm Brewery at Broad Run – This brewery offers a Brew Barn and Pavilion Beer Garden where you can sip craft beers and enjoy live music.
- Old Bust Head Brewing Company – This Fauquier County brewery has a tap room where you can taste a wide variety of beers. They also provide food trucks and caterers that vary from day to day.
- 2 Silos Brewing – This brewery is located on the 8-acre Farm Brew LIVE at Innovation Park in Manassas. This is a family-friendly brewery where you can enjoy craft beer, craft food and live local music.
Nearby Virginia Bed and Breakfasts
- The Manor at Airmont – This Round Hill bed and breakfast puts you in a national park and in the heart of Virginia Wine Country.
- The Manor at Courtland Farm – This Leesburg bed and breakfast has a picnic area and garden where you can relax and is also near many wineries.
Silver Lake Regional Park
Silver Lake Regional Park, located in Haymarket, has a 23-acre lake fed by Little Bull Run Stream and 230 acres of rolling meadows and pine forests. You can hike or ride a horse on the four miles of multipurpose trails throughout the park. You can also fish from the bank or take a non-motorized boat out on the lake to fish or simply catch the breeze off the lake.
Lake Ridge Golf and Marina
Cool off on the water at Lake Ridge Golf and Marina. You can rent canoes, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and jon boats to enjoy a day out on the lake. There is also a nine-hole golf course and miniature golf course for a day of relaxing fun.
Looking for real estate services in Gainesville, Haymarket or Bristow? Contact your local real estate expert Belinda Jacobson-Loehle of Jacobson Realty and Home Staging today. Also be sure to sign up now for a FREE copy of my eBook, “The Real Estate Key – What You Need to Know!”
279 total views, 1 views today