Holiday Season Real Estate Bargains!
We tend to think of the holiday season as a shopping season for gifts and food, but not for major investments. With major shopping days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we think of buying discounted toys, games and electronics. But around the holidays is actually a great time to look at purchasing a new home, too. Here are some reasons why you should shop now:
· New homes may be less expensive – Much like retailers, builders also want to close out the year with less inventory on their books. This could translate to a great deal for you as the buyer. Shopping for a brand new home during, and right after, the holiday season could really pay off. Some builders even offer incentives like free or discounted upgrades, so keep your eyes peeled for deals.
· Investors are looking to liquidate – Real estate investors also do not want to close the year out with a lot of inventory on their books. It’s more profitable for them to flip properties quickly, and they may be willing to lower their prices or take a little less than the asking price to sell quickly. An experienced real estate agent can help you find investor-owned properties that you can snap up for a great price.
· People want a fresh start for the new year – Around the beginning of the new year, people are motivated to make major changes in their lives. Maybe moving is on their agenda, but they really don’t want to wait for spring to get into that new home. Eager sellers can offer fantastic deals for buyers, so take a look now and see what bargains are out there.
· Sellers listing in off-peak times may have a bigger sense of urgency – People listing their homes in the winter months may have a bigger need to sell their homes than those who can wait until more optimal times to sell. There may be a little more wiggle room in the price, or you may be able to ask for help with closing costs as an added bonus.
· There is less competition among buyers – Fewer people looking to buy means you may not be up against as many competing offers that may drive up your bid on a home.
We know the holidays are a busy time of year, but with a little bit of planning and preparation, you can balance home shopping with all of the festivities. Finding a great home for a lower price will be well worth the little bit of extra effort. Jacobson Realty and Home Staging can help you get the most house for your money. If you’re ready to find out about real estate bargains and shop for a home this holiday season, contact us today!
655 total views, 1 views today