I have always felt that it is important to support local small businesses, and it’s especially important right now. Small businesses have been hit hard over the last year due to the pandemic. Many of them are struggling. You can help by patronizing locally owned restaurants, nail shops, wineries and other businesses that call this area home. Read on for my personal recommendations.
- El Tio’s – This is a Mexican restaurant that, in my opinion, has the best salsa and guacamole. It’s a small- to medium-sized restaurant and has seating both inside and outside. The food is good and the atmosphere is friendly. El Tio’s is located at 7527 Linton Hall Road in Gainesville.
- Jimbo’s Grill– Jimbo’s is a small restaurant with tasty wings and pub food. The atmosphere is friendly and there is inside dining and a bar. It’s located at 7901 Heritage Village Plaza in Gainesville.
- Afghan Kabobs – This small restaurant offers authentic Afghan food for a reasonable price. There is a variety of kabobs with chicken, beef, lamb or veggies. You can dine in or carry out. Afghan Kabobs is located at 14702 Lee Hwy in Gainesville.
- Taste of India – Taste of India serves authentic Indian food with a few delicacies from North and South India. They will deliver within a seven-mile radius or you can pick up at the restaurant. The prices are reasonable and the food is good with my vegetarian dishes to choose from. It’s located at 14706 Lee Highway in Gainesville.
Nails and Other Services
- Angelic Nails – This Haymarket nail salon is under new local ownership. The interior has been recently remodeled, and all of the technicians are trained in COVID protocols. It’s located at 6731 Lea Berry Way.
- Details for the Home – This is a novelty gift, fashion and home decorating retailer. It’s owned locally and has friendly, helpful staff. You can find lots of unique gift ideas and the latest fashion trends at this store. There is so much to look at you can easily lose track of time! Details for the Home is located at 6590 Jefferson Street in Haymarket.
- Pearmund Cellars – This delightful, pet friendly winery is in the Warrenton/New Baltimore area. There is limited inside sitting, but lots of outside seating with lovely tables socially distanced between the rolls of grape wines. Reservations are recommended for indoor seating and can be made by calling 540-347-3475. The atmosphere is very friendly and the wine is good. They offer some snacks, but you can also bring your own food. Pearmund Cellars is located at 6190 Georgetown Road, Broad Run, VA. It’s open daily 10am to 6pm. No one under 21 is allowed on the property.
- The Winery at Sunshine Ridge Farms – This winery is new to Gainesville and has lovely Lake Manassas views. You must have a reservation. Reservations are for two hours and groups are limited to eight people. No children under 16 are allowed and I believe it is pet-free as well. No outside food or drink is allowed. The Winery at Sunshine Ridge Farms is located at 15850 Sunshine Ridge Lane. The hours are 11am – 6pm Wednesdays, Thursdays & Sundays and 11am – 8pm on Fridays & Saturdays. They are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Looking for real estate services in Gainesville, Haymarket or Bristow? Contact your local real estate expert Belinda Jacobson-Loehle of Jacobson Realty and Home Staging In Gainesville, Virginia today. Also be sure to sign up now for a FREE copy of my eBook, “The Real Estate Key – What You Need to Know!”
1,828 total views, 2 views today