Belinda’s Picks: 12 Best Restaurants in Gainesville, Haymarket and Bristow Virginia
Living in the Gainesville, Virginia area has many perks, one of which is the plethora of amazing restaurants! Purely in the interest of research (haha!) we’ve checked out dozens of Western Prince William County restaurants. While we have not found a bad one yet, here are some eateries that definitely stand out.
· Best Mexican food – El Tio’s(7527 Linton Hall Rd., Gainesville, VA 20155) Enjoy fresh, authentic, tableside-prepared guacamole inside their dining room or outside on the patio.
· Best new wine and coffee bar – Trummer’s Coffee and Wine Bar (14013 Promenade Commons, Gainesville, VA 20155) This is yet another family-owned business with a friendly attitude from the Trummer family (they also own Trummer’s On Main in Clifton). They offer outstanding coffee — the Italian latte is my favorite! Splurge on homemade pastries and paninis — you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy a glass of wine or homemade sangria after work at the bar.
· Best happy hour hors d’oeuvres – Firebirds (14020 Promenade Commons Street, Virginia Gateway, Gainesville, VA 20155) Wind down after work with some top-quality appetizers, offered in the lounge area and bar until 7 p.m. My top picks are mini maui-maui tacos, Cajun shrimp, grilled chicken strips with signature dipping sauce and ahi tuna (just to name a few delicious options).
· Best crowd-pleasing bar – Bar Louie (14081 Promenade Commons St., Gainesville, VA 20155) is loud and lively with great drink selections. See your friends and enjoy the scene.
· Best Sunday (and all-day) breakfast – Eggspectation (8058 Crescent Park Dr., Gainesville, VA 20155) has a large menu with eggs anyway you like them. They also have the best variety of homemade bloody Marys I’ve ever seen, with and without alcohol!
· Best quality, affordable, quick food – Afghan Famous Kabob (14702 Lee Hwy., Gainesville, VA 20155) has ethnic cuisine at its best, with may appetizers to choose from. My favorite to-go selections are chicken kebobs, homemade bread and hummus.
· Best new affordable, family-style dining – Nando’s Peri-Peri (1400 Promenade Commons St., Gainesville, VA 20155) is a Portuguese restaurant where you can get flamed grilled chicken in flavorful Peri-Peri sauce. You place your order, decide the level of spice or heat, and enjoy a glass of wine or beer if the mood is right. I recommend the fresh spinach and sweet potato salad with grilled Peri – Peri chicken on top – big and delicious! Upbeat, fun décor helps make for a kid-friendly experience without breaking the budget!
· Best pizza – It’s a tie for this title, and both restaurants are in the same town.Tony’s New York Pizza (5361 Merchants View Square, Haymarket, VA 20169) andGiuseppe’s (15120 Washington St., Haymarket, VA 20169) both have amazing pizza selections! Watch Tony’s Pizza hand-craft your pizza while you wait. With outstanding crust and flavor, there are no disappointments at Tony’s. Giuseppe’s is a family-owned business that offers large bread-crusted pizza in the dining room, bar area or back porch, with free entertainment on most weekends. They can also accommodate larger parties upstairs.
· Best crowd-pleasing bar – It was a toss-up for my favorite, and I just couldn’t exclude Lion and Bull, a great bar with live entertainment most weekends.
· Best new bagel shop – Tom and Suzie’s (9110 Devlin Rd., Bristow, VA 20136) Savor the taste of Long Island bagels — large, light and packed with flavor. Grab one of their outstanding bagel sandwiches in this family-owned and operated shop. The secret to their bagels is dough fresh from Long Island. The owner, Suzie, says their bagels are so tasty because, “It’s all about the water!”
· Best Asian food – Asian Garden (12857 Braemar Village Plaza, Bristow, VA 20136) has a big selection of food including Chinese, Thai and Japanese sushi. It’s always clean and inviting with a friendly staff to complete your dining experience.
We think one of the most important things a realtor should have is first-hand knowledge about the areas they serve. We are more than just realtors. We’re residents. If you would like to know more about our communities and what they have to offer, contact me, Belinda Jacobson-Loehle. We’d love to show you around!
1,073 total views, 1 views today