10 Things to Be Thankful For About a Home
This is the time of year to count our blessings and be truly thankful for all the good things in our lives. Sometimes we might take our homes for granted. But while we’re being mindful of the world around us and thinking about how our lives are enhanced by what we have, let’s take a moment to think about our homes. I suggest being proactive when it comes to maintaining your home so that your home can keep you warm and comfortable this holiday season. Here are some things to be thankful for in our homes.
· A well-tuned HVAC system – I have my system serviced at least every 6 months and change the filters on a regular basis to improve energy efficiency, utility costs and air quality.
· Good quality windows – Energy efficient windows, or windows that have been properly sealed and winterized, can greatly reduce your heating costs and keep you cozy during the holiday months.
· A gas fireplace – There’s nothing like curling up next to a fire on a cold winter’s night. A good gas fireplace with a blower can help circulate the warm air instead of losing it.
· A hot water tank – Make sure it has been inspected and has no signs of leaks. Cover it to reduce energy costs.
· A sump pump that works – Have your sump pump inspected regularly, and consider replacing it after 8 years. My personal worst nightmare was having my sump pump fail on New Year’s Eve and waiting over 3 days with a flooded basement before we could get help.
· Plenty of storage – Whether it’s in your garage, spacious closets or in an outdoor shed, you’ll want plenty of places to stash those holiday decorations after the festivities are over. So make sure they are cleaned out.
· A garage – You can keep your car warmer and avoid scraping ice, frost and snow by keeping it in your garage.
· An insulated front door – This is well worth the investment when you consider the savings in energy and cutting the draft when the winter winds start to blow.
· A washer and dryer that work properly – Get through your laundry quickly and efficiently with a well-maintained washer and dryer.
· A microwave – Get your holiday feast to the table quickly by zapping a few side dishes with this time saver.
· A double oven – Especially if you are hosting your family’s holiday feasts, a double oven can save you so much time preparing the meal.
In addition to all these things, a home gives you protection from the elements, a space to gather your family on the holidays, a place to enjoy a lovely meal you’ve prepared together. If you’re looking for a new space to be thankful for, Jacobson Realty can help. We can professionally stage your home to help buyers envision their next Thanksgiving meal there. We can also help find the next place for your family to settle in and create new holiday memories together. Contact us today!And have a joyous Thanksgiving!
1,056 total views, no views today